The community is located off the Stuart Highway 300kms north of Alice Springs. Travel up the Stuart Highway towards Tennant Creek, and turn off highway above Ti Tree towards Mt Barkly, travel 130km to the community.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au
You can also go onto to our Visiting Communities page.
You view the community's plan at Willowra Community Plan.
Council Presence in Willowra
No. Staff: 34 people (83% Indigenous)
Local Authority: Harold Ross (Chair), Kathy Walker (Deputy Chair), Justin Forrest, Jeanie Presley, Lillian Long, Ashley Martin.
Ward Councillors: Cr Warren Williams (Deputy President), Cr Jacob Spencer, Cr Freddy Williams, Cr April Martin.
Community Achievements (2018/2019)
- Construction of full size softball oval including team dugouts
- Installation of 9 solar lights to improve community safety
- 35 mature trees planted at residential locations
- Completion of new Aged Care Facility
- Top Tip Award nomination (Keep Australia Beautiful)
Phone (08) 8956 4820
Fax (08) 8956 4920