Welcome to the Central Desert Regional Council website.
2021 Local Government Elections
The 2021 Local Government Elections were held in August and the results have been released. You can view the results on our Elected Members page.
For any further information about the elections, visit the Northern Territory Electoral Commission website.
COVID-19 Important Information
A Public Health Emergency has been declared, for official information on COVID-19 please visit coronavirus.nt.gov.au
Please click Statement of Commitment to view the Central Desert Regional Council COVID-19 Statement of Commitment.
Important information from the Northern Territory Government Health Department about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Everyone here in the Territory is asked to get a vaccine needle against the COVID-19 virus.
- The vaccine medicine is safe and free.
- You will need to get it 2 times and we ask that you get these needles to keep everyone in your community safe.
- You can help to make things good for everyone. Do this so you are safe, do this so your community is safe.
- COVID-19 effects everyone. Do this so we can stop COVID-19.
- If you are worried or if you want to know more, the website www.coronavirus.nt.gov.au has lots of information. You can also talk to your local health clinic about how and when that needle will be given.
- Know the COVID19 needle / vaccine story. We can all help make the Territory safe.
Below are some recordings of other important COVID-19 messages from the Northern Territory Government's Health Department in the main language groups from the CDRC area:
And here are some on the importance of hand washing:
East Central Arrente - Hand Washing
Walpiri - Hand Washing
For messages in other languages visit coronavirus.nt.gov.au/community-advice/remote-communities/messages-in-language
COVID-19 hotline number - 1800 020 080
If you are seeking information regarding travel to a remote community in the Northern Territory phone 1800 518 189.
CDRC COVID-19 Management Plan
Below is our COVID-19 Management Plan and sub-plans.
CDRC COVID-19 Management Plan. The overall CDRC COVID-19 mangement plan.
Remote Council Services COVID-19 Management sub-plan. The Remote Council Services COVID-19 sub-plan.
Remote Community Services COVID-19 Management sub-plan. The Remote Community Services COVID-19 sub-plan.
The Council and staff would like to invite you to browse our website and find out more about our organisation and communities.