The community is located 205km north west of Alice Springs and it takes 2.5 hours to drive there. Access to the community is by the Napperby station road, which runs west from the Stuart Highway, 122 kms north of Alice Springs. The community is located 83 km from the turnoff on a dirt road
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources to help your visit to community be successful. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au
You can also go onto to our Visiting Communities page.
You can view the community's plan at Laramba Community Plan.
Council Presence in Laramba
No. Staff: 26 people (88% Indigenous)
Local Authority Members: Irene Floyd (Chair), Billy Briscoe (Deputy Chair), Ron Hagan, Stephen Briscoe, Peter Stafford, Michael Ryan
Ward Councillors: Cr Adrian Dixon (President), Cr David McCormack, Cr James Jampajimpa Glenn, Cr Audrey Inkamala.
Community Achievements (2018/2019)
- Sport & Recreation program experienced increased numbers
- Mens team participated in the Impaja Cup cricket competition
- Community Safety Patrol Base completed.
- Visitor accommodation opened.
- Community Safety Patrol’s Morning School Attendance Strategy improving school attendance
- Installation of solar lights throughout community
- Great Northern Cleanup
- New CDP work space
- Aged Care building improvements
- C.A.F.L. Premiers 2018
Phone (08) 8956 8765
Fax (08) 8956 8341