The community is located 205km north west of Alice Springs and it takes 2.5 hours to drive there. Access to the community is by the Napperby station road, which runs west from the Stuart Highway, 122 kms north of Alice Springs. The community is located 83 km from the turnoff.
Council's activities in Laramba:
No. Staff: 33 people (79% Indigenous)
Local Authority Members: Ron Hagan, Stephen Briscoe, Billy Briscoe, , Irene Floyd, Peter Stafford,
Ward Councillors: Cr Adrian Dixon, Cr David McCormack, Cr James Glenn, Cr Audrey Inkamala.
Community Achievements (2018/2019):
- Sport & Recreation program experienced increased numbers
- Mens team participated in the Impaja Cup cricket competition
- Community Safety Patrol Base completed.
- Visitor accommodation opened.
- Community Safety Patrol’s Morning School Attendance Strategy improving school attendance
- Installation of solar lights throughout community
- Great Northern Cleanup
- New CDP work space
- Aged Care building improvements
- C.A.F.L. Premiers 2018
Phone (08) 8956 8765
Fax (08) 8956 8341