To celebrate National Safe Work Month Central Desert Regional Council (CDRC) General Manager People and Culture, Irenee McCreevy and Work Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor Carmen Hunter have begun roadshows to each community.
So far the team has been to Atitjere and Engawala and the staff there have been refreshing themselves on their entitlements and obligations, as well as talking about safety. Main photo: WHS activity in Engawala.
“We’ve shown all the Safe Work Month movie competition entries to staff and the competition for the games has been very tight. We’ve also been talking to staff about drug and alcohol testing, and demonstrating how the tests are conducted and how the drug and alcohol program will run,” said Irenee.
“We were very happy to present staff from Atitjere Aged Care the winner’s trophy for our annual WHS Movie Competition, a very worth winner,” said Irenee.
Irenee says the next stop on the roadshow is Ti Tree, Willowra and Laramba. “See you soon for some training and fun,” she said.
The upcoming roadshows are on the following dates:
- Ti Tree – 13 October – start at 12 noon for BBQ lunch
- Willowra – 14 October start at 12 noon for BBQ lunch
- Laramba 15 October – start at 12 noon lunch after
- Yuelamu 20 October – start at 12 noon for BBQ lunch
- Yuendumu 21 October – start at 12 noon for BBQ lunch
- Nyirripi 22 October – start at 12 noon for BBQ lunch
- Lajamanu 28 October – time to be determined.
Activity winners in Engawala, Frank Tzoukos, Dianne Dixon and Maureen Dixon.
WHS bingo winners Scott Pinchbeck, Peppi Drover and Cameron Reiff.