Level 7 – base salary $81,381.56
Alice Springs based role.
Suitably qualified persons who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Council is seeking an experienced and adaptable HR professional to join our team. Our Advisor, People and Culture is a true HR generalist with experience in recruitment, employee relations, complaints handling, compliance and HR projects. They are adaptable, motivated and knowledgeable with the ability to form excellent working relationships and provide expert advice to staff of all levels.
They will support staff in our nine Communities in an area of more than 280,000km2 including providing training in communities, so will need to travel, be approachable and appreciate our beautiful desert landscape and the cultural exposure that this job provides. Reporting to the General Manager People and Culture and as a senior member of a team of five, our People and Culture Advisor will mentor and assist the HR team to provide consistent service and advice to all Council staff.
Our Advisor, People and Culture will:
- Provide industrial relations advice, training and support to management and employees in the interpretation of workplace laws, awards, enterprise agreement and policy.
- Provide advice, investigate and report on employee relations issues including internal staff grievances and external complaints where directed by the GM People and Culture.
- Conduct and report on staff surveys.
- Ensure that the performance management system is completed by all staff in the required timeframes.
- Provide assistance and coaching to managers and staff regarding projects, policy and process.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of policy and procedures in a cross-cultural environment.
It’s essential that our People and Culture Advisor has tertiary qualifications at a minimum diploma level in HR or a related discipline, and experience working in a HR role in an advisory capacity, and also that they address the selection criteria in their application.
In return you’ll be rewarded with a base salary of $81,381.56, on top of that you’ll get superannuation, relocation allowance and access to remote area salary sacrificing benefits.
You’ll easily maintain a healthy work/life balance and explore this iconic region by enjoying six weeks annual leave a year with 17.5% leave loading, a monthly TOIL day, additional leave days including between Christmas and New Year and generous paid personal/carers leave.
For more information regarding this role contact Irenee McCreevy, General Manager People and Culture on 08 8958 9512 or email Irenee.email@example.com.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.