Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Director Corporate Services and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation, the position is primarily responsible for Facilities and Property Management and fleet, plant & depot.
Keys to your success
- Manage the, planning, maintenance, upgrade and allocation of all Council-managed facilities and properties.
- Manage and deliver major facilities projects undertaken by Council.
- Ensure maintenance and compliance of fleet & plant asset register, repair and maintenance program and tenancy obligations - including major upgrade forward-schedules.
- Development and implementation of asset management plans for Council’s facilities and properties, including strategies to address housing shortages.
- Ensure compliance with S19 leasing obligations for all Council-leased properties.
- Ensure fleet, plant & depot services are optimised.
- Maintain and report to Council current and emerging facilities and fleet, plant & depot projects for planning, financial management and reporting purposes.
- Develop systems, processes and strategies to ensure compliance with Council policy and procedure.
- Ensure that procurement requirements are complied with at all times.
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and stakeholders to ensure the building, fleet, plant & depot are properly planned and delivered on-the-ground.
- Other duties as directed by the Director.
- A tertiary qualification in Asset Management and/or similar qualification and experience managing assets and or a large fleet & plant program.
- Demonstrated experience in management or a leadership role.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills, the ability to develop and implement strategies and knowledge and implementation of corporate management requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to make high value strategic decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop staff from a range of backgrounds including delegation skills to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining budgets and optimising revenue.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work effectively with leadership teams
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $123,282.04 salary ($98,896.46)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
The Northern Territory Government has put together the following resources. Please have a look at the Remote Engagement and Coordination Strategy and Toolkit available from www.bushready.nt.gov.au or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites).
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.