Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Operations Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for minor building maintenance and repairs (if qualified this may include electrical works/repairs). The role requires travel to communities and overnight stays to perform assigned work and related duties.
Keys to your success
- Cert IV in Building and Construction or any other trade qualifications on the building and construction field or significant relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the application of standardised procedures and practices including the operation of tools, plant, machinery and /or equipment, in accordance with the requirements of the role.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and to carry out work tasks as directed.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in the delivery of minor repairs and maintenance jobs, site inspections, stock take and associated reports.
- Current NT driving licence C Class or above and competent in driving a 4WD vehicle.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness.
What’s on offer?
- Salary $63,132.67 plus a range of additional benefits including
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 17% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Recruitment on 8958 9500.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below. Applicants are required to provide a written application that addresses the selection criteria and to also complete the ‘Application for advertised vacancy’ form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com