Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Director Council Services and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for minor building maintenance and repairs (if qualified this may include electrical works/repairs). The role requires travel to communities and overnight stays to perform assigned work and related duties.
Keys to your success
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills in an office environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide advice and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and computer keyboard skills of a high standard, with emphasis on word processing, data entry and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated good customer service and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use judgement to resolve common workplace issues.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and achieve positive organisational or strategic outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $72,135.15 salary ($64,395.33)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 10% superannuation
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Recruitment on 8958 9500.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.