Operating under the direction of the Manager, Aged Care and under Council corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements, this position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination for the Aged Care Services team, in particular Laramba, Lajamanu, Nyirripi and Yuelamu.
Keys to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Services, Aged/Disability Care services, Nursing or Allied health.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people living in remote locations and the ability to provide effective support in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated high standard of computer skills including use of Client Information Management systems, online reporting systems and other computer software applications.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively in multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding of community development principles and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated effective customer service with an ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills and sound knowledge of workforce support and supervision.
- Demonstrated understating of time management techniques, the ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility to adapt to changing operational demands and timelines.
- Knowledge of WH&S principles and the ability to promote them in the workplace.
- Sound decision-making skills, including an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel to remote communities.
- Knowledge of Aged Care programs.
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $101,448.37 (salary $81,381.56)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- Additional 1 day per month flex leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
This position is based in Alice Springs.
The Northern Territory Government has put together resources that provide information on remote communities in the NT. These are available at www.bushready.nt.gov.au/home or bushtel.nt.gov.au (external sites)
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Marlin De Silva, Manager – Aged Care Services on 08 8958 9563.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants will also need to submit a CV and cover letter. When ready, click the link below.