Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Aged Care Services Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for coordinating the community aged care services in accordance with the programs’ guidelines and in a culturally sensitive manner.
Keys to your success:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social sciences, Aged/Disability Care services, Nursing or Allied health.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience of the delivery of Community Aged Care Services in rural remote communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Residential Aged Care, Home Care, Carer Respite or Disability service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to team lead, and develop staff from a range of backgrounds and in a cultural context.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent ability to build external stakeholder relationships, demonstrate negotiation, consultation, networking and partnering skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Work Health and Safety processes and reporting.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- First Aid Certificate and Anaphylaxis symptoms.
- Criminal History Police Check/ Ochre card.
What’s on offer?
- Total Remuneration Package $85,720.18 (salary $68,764.45)
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- 4 additional leave days
- 17.5% leave loading
- Relocation benefits available
- 9.5% superannuation
Confidential conversation can be obtained by contacting HR Recruitment on (08) 8958 9500 or via email email@example.com
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package below and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org