The Council currently has three Council Committees: the Finance Committee, the CEO Performance Review Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee. Council formed committees are an important part of Council and may assist Council to undertake specific roles and functions when a full Council is not formed.
Click on Committee Meetings to view the details of upcoming meetings.
The Finance Committee assists the Council to oversee the allocation of the local government's finances and resources. It operates as an executive committee under Section 83 of the Local Government Act. Specifically it undertakes the financial management roles of Council in the months that the Council does not meet. The Finance Committee meets once every second month (in between Council meetings). The Finance Committee:
- Ensures the annual budget is aligned with the Business Plan.
- Monitors and reports on financial performance against the annual budget and the Business Plan.
- Formulates strategies to improve the Council's financial position.
- Makes executive financial decisions on behalf of Council when the matter cannot be held over until the next ordinary Council meeting.
- Monitors compliance with appropriate legislative and accounting standards.
The Finance Committee comprises of the President Adrian Dixon and Councillors James Glenn, Jacob Spencer, Robert George and April Martin, and external member Lucy Ayre.
For the Finance Committee terms of reference please click on: Finance Committee Terms of Reference
Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee (the Committee) is established as an advisory committee to the Council under Section 83 of the Local Government Act. The Committee is to provide independent assurance and assistance to the Central Desert Regional Council (the Council) and the Chief Executive Officer on:
- The Council’s risk, control and compliance frameworks;
- The Council’s external accountability responsibilities as prescribed in the Local Government Act and Accounting Regulations.
The Audit and Risk Committee comprises the President Adrian Dixon and Councillors Fred Williams, William Liddle, David McCormack and an independent chairperson of the Committee.
For the Audit and Risk Committee terms of reference please click on: Audit and Risk Committee Terms of Reference
CEO Performance Review Committee
The CEO Performance Review Committee meets to review the CEO’s Performance and makes recommendations to the Council regarding performance matters. The Committee meets approximately two times a year but may convene more regularly if required. The CEO Performance Review Committee operates as an advisory committee under Section 83 of the Local Government Act. The committee operates as a confidential committee.
The CEO Performance Review Committee comprises of the President (Cr Adrian Dixon), the Deputy President (Warren Williams) and two Councillors (Freddy Williams and Warren Williams).
For the CEO Performance Review Committee terms of reference please click on: CEO Performance Review Committee Terms of Reference