Salary Level 4/5 $60,974.20- $69,226.10 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for:
• Supervising and working with staff involved in the maintenance and development of parks, gardens, roads, waste management facilities and Council infrastructure.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the Council workshop, plant, equipment and vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
• Previous experience in the field of road, parks and infrastructure maintenance.
• Proven ability to liaise effectively with senior staff and to carry out work tasks as directed.
• Proven ability to work as a supervisor and maintain compatibility within a team environment and with other teams within Council.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead the operations of a small workshop and maintain plant and equipment.
• Ability to supervise staff in a cross-cultural environment.
• Well developed oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of anti-discrimination and fair treatment of employees, and Workplace Health and Safety requirements as applicable to the position.
Contact Person: Peter Van Heusden JP - Council Services Manager on 08 8966 9900 / 0409 771 974 or email: Peter.VanHeusden@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org