Salary Level 6 $71,568.35 – 76,255.88 per annum plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the delivery of Youth and Community Services across a discrete region, including the development and coordination of training and professional development requirements for all Youth & Communities employees.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services in remote communities, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability, and associated understanding of WH&S expectations.
• Be prepared to undergo a Federal Police criminal History check.
• Demonstrated understanding of best practice community development principles, research ad social planning.
• Experience in the delivery of professional support, mentoring and training, with a focus on remote communities.
• Strong team building and management skills
• Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
Use computer programs to produce clear and concise reports in a timely manner,
Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Sound negotiating and decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Current C Class driver’s license and a willingness to travel to remote communities.
• Meets the requirements of the NT Care and Protection of Children Act.
Contact Person: Anthony Murphy - Youth and Communities Manager on 0447 871 502 or Anthony.Murphy@centraldesert.nt.gov.au.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com