Based at Alice Springs, operating predominantly in the Yuendumu region.
Salary Level 7 $78,208 - $82,870 per annum depending
on experience plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation and performance
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Roads Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies, strategies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for leading the onground deliverables of a year-long $4M road upgrade/repair program and road maintenance grading works in the Yuendumu region.This is an excellent professional development opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to effectively operate in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in managing, leading and mentoring a road crew, preferably in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience in the management, maintenance and operation of roads vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with other Council teams and senior staff and to carry out work tasks as directed.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to communicate effectively by email and use the Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Sound knowledge of and commitment to the principles of Work Health and Safety and promotion of these in the workplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of anti-discrimination and fair treatment of employees as applicable to the position.
- Experience in the management and storage of stock within a depot/warehouse environment.
Contact Person: Nishantha Perera, Roads Manager on ph 08 8958 9556,
mob 045 7304 239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Cathryn Hutton and emailed to email@example.com