Based at Yuendumu with an obligation of travelling and working in the remote locations of the Regional Council as and when required.
Salary Level 5, $67,077 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation plus 17.5% pro rata Annual Leave Loading.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Roads Coordinator and in accordance with Council
corporate plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements; this position is
responsible for the on ground supervision of staff, road maintenance and
upgrade operations, including the safe, efficient and secure operation of
Council’s road plant, equipment, and vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-trade certificate and/or other post-secondary qualification below diploma or degree; or extensive knowledge and skill gained through on-the-job training.
- Experience in construction and maintenance of roads infrastructure involving the exercise of high precision occupational skills using various specialised techniques, systems, equipment, methods or processes.
- Good knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health requirements and experience with safe operation and user maintenance of plant and equipment associated with roads construction and maintenance
- Proven ability to supervise a team of employees, monitor performance against work outcomes and exercise of discretion within standard road construction practices and processes.
- Current NT HC/MC Driver’s License and Current Traffic controller tickets (WZ2 and WZ3) or willing to obtain them.
- Current General Construction Safety ‘White’ Card and Valid first aid certificate or willing to obtain one.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
Contact Person: Nishantha Perera, Roads Manager, email Nishantha.Perera@centraldesert.nt.gov.au or call 0457 304 239.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org