This position is based in Alice Springs with an obligation to travel to remote locations when required.
Level 7 (Range $77,819 - $82,458. plus 9.5% superannuation).Operating under the direction of the Manager, Youth and Communities and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation. This position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination, building strong communication strategies, monitoring WH&S compliance and assisting in building the capacity of the Youth and Communities Program team.
Operating under the direction of the Manager Youth & Communities and in accordance with Council Corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation; this position has a focus on operational and administrative support and coordination, building strong communication strategies, monitoring WH&S compliance and assisting in building the capacity of the Youth and Communities Program team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective support in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in the Youth Sport and Recreation, Community Safety or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, supervising and motivating a multi disciplinary team and working productively and collaboratively with other internal and external stakeholders
- A demonstrated understanding of development through the lifespan and how this influences program development.
- A demonstrated understanding of community development principles and their practica application to the remote Indigenous community context.
- High level analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, write complex reports and interpret contracts, policies, guidelines and legislation.
- Demonstrate a high standard of computer skills including online reporting systems and other with computer software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and the flexibility to adapt to changing operational demands and timelines.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health & Safety requirements.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History check, hold a current C Class drivers license (Manual) and a willingness to undertake 4WD training and travel to remote communities by road or air.
For more information email Anthony.Murphy@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
or call 0447 871 502.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions. Position description and selection criteria can be obtained by our website http://www.centraldesert.nt.gov.au/employment