Gross Salary Level 6, $71,568 - $76,255 per annum plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation, and subsidised rent.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will operate under the direction of the Manager of Youth and Communities (Y&C) in collaboration with the Willowra Mediation & Justice Coordinator, Yuendumu & Willowra Community Safety Area Coordinator and the Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a change management strategy to assist the Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation to become an independent and autonomous Aboriginal organisation. The role will include the development of governance and operational structures and support services, policies and procedures, position descriptions and support structures. The role will include assistance with the recruitment, support, mentoring and supervision of the Yuendumu Mediation and Justice Program (Southern Tanami Kurdiji Indigenous Corporation) staff; and to work collaboratively on strategic and sustainable planning to ensure the development of the service as it progresses towards goals of independence as an Aboriginal Corporation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- An understanding of and experience in Change Management Processes.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a matrix management environment recognising the importance of effective communication and liaison with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in Mediation, Criminal Justice and/or Community Safety, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading or managing teams, with a focus on community services
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to:
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people;
- Use computer programs to produce clear and sound based reports in a timely manner;
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage, or ability to gain.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with Indigenous Australians
- Demonstrated experience in working in Culturally and Linguistically diverse environments
- 4WD experience
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to communicate in a local Indigenous language (Anmatjere, Warlpiri or Arrernte)
Contact Person: Anthony Murphy - Youth and Communities Manager on 0447 871 502.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com