Salary Level 7 to 9 depending on experience $78,208 to $102,592 pro rata
Full time fixed term to 30 June 2016
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Director Works & Infrastructure and in accordance with Regional Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible to:
- Project-manage specific Council infrastructure projects.
- Introduce Council’s new Project Management template to operational staff.
- Undertake high level Project Scheduling for community-based projects.
- Provide contract management and coordinate ESO induction/training for the Power Water Corporation Essential Services contract.
- Provide contract management and coordinate onground works for Outstation service contracts.
- Provide contract management for the Maintenance of Aerodromes contract.
- Other duties as directed.
The ideal candidate will have
- Formal qualifications in Project Management and/or previous experience in managing infrastructure projects
- Previous experience managing commercial contracts
- Proven experience managing project budgets and acquitting funds
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high level working relationships with government, industry and community stakeholders;
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of risk management and the principles of occupational health and safety and ability to promote them in the workplace;
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks
- Hold a current C Class drivers license
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, liaise with senior staff and to carry out work tasks as directed.
Contact person Dierctor Works & Infrastructure Glenn Marshall 0423 643 675