Alice Springs based.
Salary Level 4, $60,974 – $65,192 per annum.
Full time permanent position.
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the Governance Manager in discharging corporate governance responsibilities. The supportive duties include operational and strategic work and projects in governance capacity of elected members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous administrative experience in a support or secretarial role or coordinating logistics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience working in a self-sufficient environment where you may be called upon to make independent decisions within the scope of the role
• Previous experience working in an environment where efficiency and attention to detail were required
• Willingness to travel to remote Aboriginal communities frequently and the associated level of 4WD experience
• Experience with plain English writing
• Experience working with Aboriginal people, preferably elders
• Knowledge of the role and function of Local Government
Contact Person: Libby Nuss Governance Manager on 08-8958 9500 or 0437 682 056.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package. Applicants need to address the selection criteria in writing and submit the completed "Application for advert" form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org