Salary Level 4/5 ($60,369 – $68,539 per annum)
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the Governance Coordinator in discharging corporate governance responsibilities. The supportive duties include operational and strategic work and projects in governance capacity of elected members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Proven ability to play a supportive role in the delivery of corporate, risk management, general and change management, strategic planning, project management, negotiation and management of contracts,
- Proven oral and written skills with high level computer literacy necessary for the role,
- Personal initiative and the ability to work with little supervision
- A Local Government, Business/Management qualification or other appropriate tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
- A willingness to travel to rural and remote service delivery centres (9 communities in Central Desert Regional Council).
- Demonstrated high level office administration skills and experience
Contact Person: Kate Muir, Governance Coordinator on 08 8958 9507
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be marked to the attention of Cathryn Hutton and emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org