Salary Level 7 ($78,208 - $82,870 per annum)
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for managing the governance function of the Central Desert Regional Council. The role involves operational and strategic work and projects in a governance capacity relating to elected and appointed members and staff, administrative support of Council and Local Authorities, as well as communications and public relations work liaising with government agencies, the private sector and community groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven knowledge of local government in the NT or other state including an awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Well developed skills and experience in corporate, risk management, general and change management, strategic planning, project management, negotiation and management of contracts.
- Proven oral and written skills with a high level computer literacy.
- Demonstrated well-developed skills and experience in achieving results in governance at a local government body (or other relevant organisation) in the areas specified under the duties and responsibilities in this position description.
- A local government or business management qualification, or other appropriate tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience of governance policies and practices in a local government authority and/or organisation requiring comparable skills and knowledge.
- A willingness to travel to rural and remote service delivery centres (9 communities in Central Desert Region).
Contact Person: Craig Catchlove, Director Corporate Services on (08) 8958 9531.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be marked to the attention of Cathryn Hutton and emailed to:email@example.com