Salary Level 4 $60,974.20 to $65,192.06 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Fleet & Depot Manager and in accordance with the Central Desert Regional Council
corporate plans/policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for 1) supporting the purchase, management, tracking and sales of fleet and plant; 2) service and maintenance of CDRC fleet, plant and equipment; 3) supporting goods management, receiving and dispatch at the Depot.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Certificate III in Diesel Mechanic or Light Automotive Mechanic.
- Good understanding of the operation and maintenance needs of fleet, heavy plant and equipment.
- Basic skills in automotive electrics, hydraulics and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to provide technical advice to Fleet and Depot Management.
- A willingness to travel to remote communities.
- A demonstrated knowledge of stock control procedures.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work with autonomy but also operate within a larger team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and a basic knowledge of human resource management and administration principles.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and computer keyboard skills of a high standard, with emphasis on word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated good customer service and cross-cultural communication skills, and ability to work with a geographically dispersed/diverse team.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- A willingness to learn a large and diverse range of skills.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks
- Hold a current C Class drivers license.
- Hold a current Forklift license
- Willingness to obtain a White Card and undergo additional on the job training.
Contact person: Justin Rutherford 0439 518 757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of the Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com