Salary Level 1 $42,125.98 per annum pro rata or $26.65 per hour
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Coordinator - Early Childhood and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for coordinating and implementation of the day to day activities and operations fo the Early Childhood Program.
This is a casual position till 30th June 2018.
Accommodation is not provided with this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
• The ability to work with all families within the community
• Understanding of Child supervision and WH&S
• Ability to prepare and cook nutritious meals
• An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment
• Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with families involved with Early Childhood.
• Ensure Work Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
• Willingness to work in remote communities.
• Possession of a current Ochre card and a current police check.
• Ability to study Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, First Aid, Food Handlers and WH&S training
• Carry out other duties as requested by Coordinator.
For more information and help with the application please go to the CDP Office or contact CDP or the Early Childhood Coordinator in Laramba