Salary Level 5, $66,413 - $69,226 per annum. Highly subsidised accommodation provided.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the Licenced Early Childhood educational program and Playgroup in a Remote Indigenous Community in Central Australia (including supervision and mentoring of local staff). Yuendumu ‘Kurdu Kurdu kurlungu’ childcare runs from the Child and Family Centre and caters for a range of Indigenous and non-Indigenous families in Yuendumu.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Qualifications and experience in coordinating the delivery of Children Services ensuring high quality care
- Experience in mentoring, supporting and motivating staff members in a related field and/or working within multicultural or Indigenous environments.
- Experience in building strong, supportive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved with Children Services.
- Previous experience in budget management reporting, establishing and maintaining successful relationships with grant agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of current Early Childhood legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of Work, Health and Safety Regulations and food safety requirements.
- Current Manual Driver's Licence and willingness to work in remote communities.
- Possession of a Working with Children Card.
- Diploma of Children's Services or higher.
Contact person: Kerrie Leonard, Early Childhood Coordinator on 0417 973 541.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked 'Confidential' and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.