Salary Level 3-4, $55,350 - $65,192 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Business Services Manager/ Human Resources Manager and in accordance with Council Corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for:
- Assisting with the administration requirements of the Council’s Front Office;
- Promoting, developing, and maintaining a favourable public image and professional profile of the Council’s Alice Springs office;
- Provide high quality support to the Council President, Executive Management Team, and Business Services Manager and contribute to development of documentation associated with corporate functions of the organisation; and
- This position will directly report to the HR Manager for all HR related duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy and computer keyboard skills of a high standard.
- Demonstrated experience in accurate data entry as per statutory requirements of organisation records keeping policy.
- Demonstrated good customer service and cross-cultural communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to order office supplies, stock take and maintain office equipment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure and strong attention to detail skills.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Previous proven experience of working in an HR / Finance section providing basic services or willingness to learn about providing basic HR / Finance support services.
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks.
- Hold a current C Class driver’s license
Contact Person: Anu Talwar, Business Services Manager on 0428 434 911.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be marked 'confidential' and emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org