Salary Level 7/8 $78,599 - $91,721 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Regional Services Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation, the position is based in Atitjere. The position is responsible for:
- Core Services: Ensure all Council core (municipal) service obligations are met;
- Contract Services: Ensure on-ground deliverables for contracted programs are met and reporting/finance data provided;
- Staff Management: Management and development responsibility for Atitjere Core Services staff, including Essential Services Officer;
- Capital Works: Assist the planning and delivery and acquittal of minor capital projects on the community;
- Council Assets: Ensure Council assets are appropriately used and maintained including fleet, plant, equipment and facilities;
- Strategic Development: Assist Regional Services Manager with planning, development and documentation of Strategic Plans and related documents/processes;
- Council Finance and Administration: General budgeting, reporting and other financial and/or administrative requirements;
- Stakeholder Relationships: Develop and maintain positive and successful relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Community Development: Participate proactively in Council initiatives to develop long-term positive outcomes for local Indigenous communities.
- Other duties as directed
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience living and working in remote Indigenous communities, preferably with a Regional Council or similar service provider.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to provide effective leadership in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, business excellence and career advancement.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a range of service delivery activities and programs in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop staff from a range of backgrounds including delegation skills to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in the control and reporting of annual budgets.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to;:
- Foster sound working relationships with staff.
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
- Engage and influence key community members and stakeholders.
- Negotiate effective outcomes including conflict resolution
- Use contemporary computer programs to produce clear and soundly based reports in a timely manner,
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Current C-class drivers licence
Further information: Contact Sascha McKell, Regional Services Manager by phone on 08 8958 9553 or 0408 239 194 or email email@example.com
To apply for this position, please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org