Gross Salary Level 6, $71,568 - $76,255 per annum plus 17.5% leave loading, 9.5% superannuation, and subsidised housing at an estimated value of $14,000.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Manager of Youth and Communities (Y&C) and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation, this position is responsible for overseeing the delivery of Community Safety Programs across a discrete region. The role will include the oversight of Peace Working Groups in each community within the allocated area, as well as Community Safety Patrols, working in collaboration. The Area Coordinator role will include the recruitment of, and support, mentoring and supervision of Community Safety staff; and to work collaboratively on strategic and sustainable planning to ensure the development of service delivery in the region.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations and ability to operate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Mediation, Criminal Justice and/or Community Safety, displaying knowledge of inclusiveness and sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, leading or managing teams, with a focus on community services
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of community services, with a focus on remote communities.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to;
- Consult and negotiate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal people,
- Use computer programs to produce clear and sound based reports in a timely manner,
- Liaise effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Competent decision making skills and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of and empathy for Equal Employment Opportunity principles and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Possession of Certificate or experience in Night Patrol, Criminal Justice, Mediation or Community Safety Patrols will be an advantage, or ability to gain
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with Indigenous Australians
- Demonstrated experience in working in Culturally and Linguistically diverse environments
- 4WD experience
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to communicate in a local Indigenous language (Anmatjere, Warlpiri or Arrernte)
Contact Person: Anthony Murphy - Youth and Communities Manager on 0447 871 502
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to email@example.com