Salary Level 6 $71,212.29 - $75,876.50 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Community Development Program Operations Coordinator and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for assessing the needs of disadvantaged job seekers and assisting them to gain sustainable employment by preparing and implementing individualised plans and providing employment skills, training, placement and support services.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience working in cross cultural environments, including remote Aboriginal communities
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills with people from disadvantaged backgrounds and where English is a second language
• Demonstrated experience working in an outcome based employment program or similar
• Demonstrated ethical behaviour and regard for confidentiality in a similar role
• Demonstrated experience of developing approaches and strategies to re-engage participants who have failed to attend employment or activities
• Demonstrated ability to establish good networks and relationships with jobseekers, employers and relevant stakeholders.
• Proven ability to manage time and work loads effectively in a challenging environment;
• Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class drivers license
• Current driver’s licence.
Contact Person: Leesa Ashton, CDP Operations Coordinator on 0428 575 448.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be marked to the attention of Cathryn Hutton and emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org