Salary Level 6 $71,212.29 - $75,876.50 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Community Development Program Operations Coordinator and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for assessing the needs of disadvantaged job seekers and assisting them to gain sustainable employment by preparing and implementing individualised plans and providing employment skills, training, placement and support services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven ability to build rapport and maintain effective relationships with clients, peers and relevant agencies;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, i.e good listener, empathy and developed emotional intelligence;
- Demonstrated high level professionalism, compliance and attention to detail;
- High level oral and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage time and work loads effectively to business priorities in a challenging environment;
- Sound computer literacy and data management skills;
- Experience working in cross cultural environments, including remote Aboriginal Australia;
- Solid experience in Employment Services and an understanding of strategies to address barriers to employment;
- Agreement to an NT Police Criminal History checks and hold a current C Class drivers license
Contact Person: Leesa Ashton, CDP Operations Coordinator on 0428 575 448.
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applications should be marked to the attention of Cathryn Hutton and emailed to:firstname.lastname@example.org