Alice Springs based with travel to other locations as required
Salary Level 6, $71,568 – 76,255 per annum.
People of Aboriginal and Torre Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the general direction of the Coordinator CDP Activities and CDP Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans and policies and relevant legislation. This position is responsible for supervising and engaging CDP participants in meaningful activities and assisting them to build capacity and skills for future employment opportunities.This position will specialise in developing activities that relate, but are not limited to, fire land management, fire preparedness and fire fighting. The job incumbent will be expected to work and travel in five remote Service Delivery Centres as and when operations demand.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Relevant post secondary, trade or tertiary qualifications and demonstrated relevant experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels, to follow instructions but work with autonomy, and to work with unemployed and disadvantaged jobseekers.
3. Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with and supervising Aboriginal people.
4. An ability to actively listen, interpret and provide meaningful instruction to activity participants.
5. Demonstrated high level understanding of, and experience in implementing, fire land management techniques.
6. Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to train CDP participants and other personnel in, fire behaviour & fire management, firefighting concepts and use of fire fighting equipment.
7. Demonstrated understanding of fire mitigation including small fuel reduction burn planning and fire risk and fuel hazard assessment.
8. Demonstrated understanding and experience in risk assessment and mitigation including but not limited to Work Health and Safety risk management. .
9. Demonstrated experience in planning fire land management activities with Aboriginal people,
10. A strong ability to build positive relationships with Traditional Owners, community leaders and CDRC staff.
11. A C Class licence and a willingness to travel extensively to remote communities and regions as and when required.
• Possession of relevant mentoring or training qualifications and experience.
Contact Person: Tania Liddle, CDP Activity Coordinator on 0439 805 448 or email Tania.Liddle@centraldesert.nt.gov.au
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be marked to the attention of Recruitment Team and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org