Salary Level 3 $55,075.01 - $59,274.90 per annum
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Team Leader Building and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies and relevant legislation this position is responsible for assisting service staff in completing their assigned tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in theconstruction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
- Have a careful, methodical and accurate approach to work.
- Ability to follow precise instructions.
- Aptitude for practical work.
- Ability to work in a safe manner, including working at heights.
- Possession of construction white card.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Physically fit to do manual labour duties and able to work outdoors in varying conditions.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- An awareness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations.
Contact perstom Grant Ramsay, Building Team Leader, on 0423 922 181.